Saturday, March 15, 2014

what does it mean?

as i was preparing to head out for my saturday morning errand run, i noticed a particular album sitting on the top of a stack of cd's that i'd recently purchased. it was a greatest hits compilation of a certain world renowned canadian singer. "this would be a good drive time soundtrack," i thought to myself, and so i scooped it up and carried it out to the car.

as the first song came on (posted below), the lyrics prompted my mind to wander into a sad mode of inquiry and realization. "what does it mean," i began asking myself, "that i am at a place where i really don't expect to ever feel good about my life -- that i believe happiness is something that will forever elude me?"

and in all honesty, i have no idea what the answer to that question is other than it's pretty apparent that the "place" i am in is not a good one. moving out of it feels like an objective that is well beyond my current capabilities to accomplish. and so here i sit and suffer, wondering what will become of my life.

where does my heart beat now - celine dion

No comments:

the subtext

if a james taylor song is the main theme of this blog, i think it makes sense that given the content of this song and my regard for this par...